Recruiting – How to Attract Candidates
In a competitive talent landscape, attracting and finding the right candidates for open positions, means you need to be diligent in ensuring you make it as easy as possible for each person to engage with your company.
There are many internal processes you need to do before starting the external recruiting, such as:
- creating clear and concise job descriptions,
- creating your top 3 most important functions of the role and make sure that each candidate can meet them,
- those nice to have skills or knowledge is just that as it comes after most essential skills/knowledge of the candidate
- deciding the best type of employee to hire, either part-time, office or virtual position, or consultant, and how they fit into the company
- who is managing the recruiting process and who is doing the interviewing
- how to best source for the right candidates
- how to interview to gather the best information on each candidate
- decide on compensation and how it fits into the market value for the open position.
Start recruiting only after you do your internal homework.
After you complete your internal processes, it’s time to evaluate how to start the recruiting process and how to make it as easy as possible for the candidate to engage with you. Your company’s career presentation and ease of use go a long way in building a strong brand that can attract the right candidates who are skilled and want to work at your company.
I found this article on www.ebullentins.com, written by Newton Software, 7 Steps to Attract and Engage More Candidates. The article provides helpful tips to engage potential candidates from how to make your career pages stand out, clear and concise description of the open position, make it mobile friendly and more ideas to help you present your company and open positions to attract the best talent.